Sign up to be a Student Volunteer and help us make ECEM 2013 a unique experience for all attendants!
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master's, Ph.D. full- or part-time students, or post-docs, regardless of discipline.
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Applicants must be available for at least three (3) full days between the 11th and the 16th of August 2013 in order to offer 20 hours of volunteering work. In addition, volunteering during the pre-Conference Method Workshops 7th to 10th August 2013 is also possible.
- A Complimentary Conference Registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., Parallel Paper Presentations, Symposia), entrance to the poster exhibition, and Conference proceedings
- Possibility of attending the pre-Conference Method Workshops by assisting the teachers during these
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks
- An ECEM 2013 Student Volunteers T–shirt
- Post-conference party
1 May 2013: Application Deadline
15 May 2013: Initial Acceptance and Reserve List announcement
Please note that ECEM 2013 Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation.
The ECEM 2013 Program for Student Volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to one of the most prestigious conferences in the field of eye-tracking. As an ECEM 2013 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world.
The skills, talents and dedication of the Student Volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the Conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the Conference management staff.
- Helping and directing other Conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the Conference functions and social events. This also includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as manning the information desk.
The Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the Conference.
- Be reliable, punctual and organized.
- Be a self-starter.
How to apply
To be considered as a Student Volunteer for the ECEM 2013 Conference, you need to send an email to with your name, email address, University and food requirements (if any). Along with which date(s) you are available to work and with a short description of yourself.
All applications received by May 1st, 2013 will be reviewed and volunteers selected will be notified by May 15th, 2013.
A reserve list will also be drawn up upon applications received by the preliminary registration deadline, but not initially selected.
If you have any questions, please send them via email to
We are looking forward to receiving your application and seeing you this summer for ECEM 2013!